1980 boycott of the Moscow Olympics
The Three Athletic Dorms in the history of Longhorn sports may be in trouble with NIL money available for athletes to move to more posh accommodations. Moore-Hill Hall Hill Hall is named for Dr. Homer Barksdale Hill of Austin who volunteered to treat UT athletes from 1893 until his death on July 18, 1923. Beginning…
Click on the Text denoted in red font on the side bar to visit other sites in this grid Wearers of the “T” 1900 Men’s Tennis Players wearing their letter sweaters Women earn the right to letter In the early 1900’s Wearers of the T 1928 letter sweater The full articles about Texas…
The Texas Longhorn made more history than any other breed of cattle the world has known. These wiry, intractable beasts were themselves pioneers in a harsh land, moving elementally with drouth, grass, Arctic blizzards, and burning winds. Their story is the bedrock on which the history of the cow country of America is founded. J….
In 2021 UT’s Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium was recognized by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security as a facility of merit for demonstrating an innovative approach to safety and security.
The Rise and Fall of the Super Drum Click on red “facebook” to see the final moments of the drum. Facebook Since 1977, almost 26 million people have visited the Super Drum. In 1980, after the passing of Frank Erwin, the Super Drum was renamed the “Frank Erwin Center.” Frank’s name never stuck on the…
DOC HENRY “Gunga Din” Henry Reeves attends to injured Longhorns. Long before the University of Texas at Austin hired Charlie Strong, even long before the first African-American athlete was admitted to the University of Texas at Austin, the university had Henry Reeves. From 1875 to 1915, Reeves was trainer, doctor and manager — generally the…